The Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce is honored to organize Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies free of charge for members who are celebrating milestones! If you are a member in good-standing who is opening a new business, a new location, unveiling a major remodel, or celebrating a milestone anniversary, we would consider it a pleasure to mark the occasion with a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.
What the Chamber provides:
- Invitations to the Chamber’s Board of Directors and Membership Committee
- Invitation to local and state political officials (County Executive/Director of Economic Development; County Council Representatives and/or President; and State District representatives)
- Invitation to media outlets who are members of the Chamber
- Announcements of the event on the Chamber’s social media feeds and in the Chamber’s e-newsletter, the ChamberWatch, and on the Community Calendar on the Chamber’s website
- Chamber leadership representative to emcee the ceremony (e.g. Chair, Chair-elect or Board member)
- Photo coverage, to be shared on social media following the event
- Suggested agenda, with allocations for speakers and honored guests
- Ribbon & Large Scissors
What we ask you to provide:
- Time and location of Ribbon Cutting reserved with Chamber at least 4 weeks prior to event. Please note that we can only perform Ribbon Cutting ceremonies during regular business hours.
- Details of the event for the Chamber to use in invitations to Board, Membership Committee, local and state officials, and media outlets
Further recommendations for the ceremony:
- Showcase your business at the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony by giving tours, handing out brochures, and/or providing food samplings or refreshments
- Prepare a short speech to address the attendees during ribbon cutting ceremony
- Individualize yourself! We’ve done sausage cuttings, burrito cuttings, cut ribbons with scalpels, and many more. If there is a way to make your Ribbon Cutting Ceremony emphasize your business we’re happy to work with you to incorporate it!