Bethesda is a vibrant retail, dining and entertainment area in the heart of Montgomery County, Maryland. Located just minutes from Washington D.C., the area has become a symbol of urban lifestyle at its finest.
We offer an eclectic blend of restaurants, unique retail shops, movie theatres and nightclubs. Combine that with our activities and events and you'll see why Bethesda is a favorite destination for visitors and residents alike.
Annual Events in which the Chamber and it's Members are Involved:
- The Annual Glen Echo Gala in the Park is a wonderful way to support the Park's programs and facilities! On the 3rd Saturday in May, join leaders in the community as they honor top arts leaders with the Annual Visionary Award. Call 301-634-2222 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
- Bethesda Transportation Solutions invites you to join thousands of area commuters on the 3rd Friday in May for a celebration of bicycling to work as an alternative to solo driving. Bike to Work Day is a FREE event for all cyclists to enjoy. For more information, contact BTS at 301-656-0868 or go towww.bethesdatransit.org.
- Strut Your Mutt takes place on the 3rd Saturday in May in the Woodmont Triangle area of downtown Bethesda at Norfolk and Woodmont Avenues. The day is always packed with fun activities for kids, adults and their best friend! To learn more visit www.strutyourmuttbethesda.org
- Join hundreds of area walking enthusiasts during the month of September for the community's Annual Walk and Ride program. From September 9 through September 29, particpants count their steps every day and those teams and indivuduals with the most steps in a week and in the month win lots of great prizes. Want to register? Go to www.bethesdatransit.org.
- On the 1st Saturday in October, Taste of Bethesda brings over 55 restaurants and four stages of entertainment to Bethesda's Woodmont Triangle. Each year, more than 40,000 attendees sample the delicious restaurants, enjoy the live entertainment and visit the kid's corner for face painting and arts & crafts. Held along Norfolk, Fairmont, St. Elmo, Cordell and Del Ray Avenues in Bethesda's Woodmont Triangle it is just three blocks from the Bethesda Metro.
- Every Thanksgiving for the past 30 years, thousands of runners have gathered in Bethesda to run in the Turkey Chase in support of the YMCA's Youth and Family Services, YMCA Bethesda-Chevy Chase and the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rotary Club Foundation. Participate in one of our three great races - Our USATF-certified 10K race and 2 mile fun run/walk are open to the entire family; Our 50m Tot-Trot is open to kids 8 and under; Chase our Turkey Mascot while 'racing' on the infield track. Every child in the Tot Trot will win a prize.